Constantly putting our best effort to improving our services to make them convenient, easy to use, and accessible to everyone, we are now beginning the process of renewing our internet bank.
More modern in design, easier to use, and supplemented with additional functionalities – this is the updated internet bank that we are aiming for.
Updated internet bank
What have we changed?
- New login page, common for both private and business customers
- New main page for private customers with a set of useful information at a glance
- Menu supplemented with a search bar and moved to the left side of the page, for easier and faster navigation. You can also collapse the menu, giving you more space to perform the needed tasks
- Easy language switch accessible in the footer
- Virtual advisor to help you with any urgent questions
- Dark theme switch in the footer
- Improved accessibility, so everyone, including the disabled, can use our services
Frequently asked questions
You can view and change the internet bank transaction limits in the internet bank’s section “Accounts/Cards” – “Current accounts“.
If the need for higher limits is temporary, you can set a time period (up to 60 days) for higher limits, upon which your transfer limits will be reduced back to the previous limits.
For minors, the daily limit is 70 euros. It can be increased from the age of 16.
Will I be able to log into the internet bank after changing my name/surname or personal identity number?
If you use the Smart-ID app as an authentication tool, you need to create a new Smart-ID account after changing your name/surname or personal identity number.
Upon receiving information about the change of personal data from the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs, SEB will automatically update your data in the banking system. This means that your Smart-ID account may become invalid, and you will not be able to log into the internet bank, confirm payments or other transactions.
To use the services of SEB without any interruptions or restrictions, we invite you to notify about the change of your personal data as soon as possible.
You can learn more about how the change of personal data affects the use of SEB services on our website.
- Make sure that you start at our official web page by typing seb.xx on address line and move to internet bank via the webpage. Do not use search engines, such as Google or Yahoo!, as these might offer you fraudulent pages.
- Check if the internet bank address starts with “https://ibanka.seb.lv/ ” and https://id.seb.lv/ .
- After opening the webpage, carefully inspect whether its design and functionalities are correct. When the webpage is cloned by the fraudsters, functionality, as well as the visual part may not be complete and correct. Therefore, please pay attention to the following aspects:
- Homepage or login page look – are the visuals correct and you can open different texts and tabs, meaning that the functionalities work without malfunction?
- Authentication means – are all of them available? E. g., on our internet bank page, you can choose from all available authentication means, whereas in fraudulent pages, you might miss some of them
- Language change – does it work correctly? When you change the language on a fraudulent page, it might not change or be switched to a different one
I see the pop-up window of virtual advisor in my internet bank, which offers me help. Is it safe to click on it and start the conversation?
Yes, it is safe to use the virtual advisor on internet bank. The solution is already being used on our website, and has proven its worth. Virtual advisor will help you find answers to your questions.
The moon or the sun symbol is a switch for changing the theme of the internet bank to dark or light. Your theme selection will be remembered, until you delete the page cookies.
There are two ways to change the language that you want to operate in: First, in the upper right corner of the login page. The second way is to log in to the internet bank, and then to switch the language at the bottom left side of the page, near the moon symbol.
Signing the internet bank agreement provides you the full range of our services
- Transfer money, use and create payment templates, as well as take advantage of automated standing orders and e-invoices.
- View your account balance, manage accounts and request account statements.
- Manage your cards – order and activate new cards, view PIN codes and change other settings.
- Start investing and making savings with our innovative solutions, such as the Digital Coin Jar.
- Apply for a loan, leasing, credit card or simply book a video meeting to discover how our services can benefit you.
- Create a financial safety net for you and your family with a variety of our insurance services.
- Log in and authenticate in websites of various third-party service providers and state departments.
- Change transaction limits and amend current agreements.
- Receive individual answers to your written questions or issues.
Software and browser requirements
Our internet bank supports the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
To ensure full functionality, better experience and security, we recommend you always use the latest version of your software. Please update your browser and operating system version as soon as the update is released. The same conditions apply for using our webpage and mobile application.
Login tools and electronic signatures
While using our internet bank, your funds and data are secure because of the multi-tier data protection system, which prevents unauthorised persons from accessing your account. Your internet bank can only be accessed by using unique authorisation codes provided by various authentication tools – Smart-ID, code calculator, SEB app and more.
Prices and conditions
|Connection to the system||Free of charge|
|Servicing per month||Free of charge|
|First Smart-ID registration in a branch||Free of charge|
|Repeated Smart-ID registration in a branch||4.13 EUR (plus VAT 0.87 EUR)|
|Code calculator issuance, replacement||9.00 EUR|
|Mailing of code calculator upon the customer’s request within Latvia||15.00 EUR (plus VAT 3.15 EUR)|
|Courier delivery of code calculator abroad upon the customer’s request||By agreement, min 30.00 EUR (plus VAT 6.30 EUR)|
To change the operation limits, please fill out the application in Internet bank menu Applications or go to the nearest branch of SEB bank.
Financial scam traps: how to protect yourself?
If you want to see what a scam victim looks like, just look around. Various people suffer from malicious cyberspace – students, unemployed, businessmen, retirees, and higher education teachers. Scam techniques are becoming more elaborated and scammers are evolving, so we have to take an interest and learn how to protect ourselves.