The Choice of Supported Projects
Upon the evaluation of the projects applying for support, we base our decisions on the unified criteria of SEB.
- We support the projects that enable active participation of us as sponsors, both by participating in the management of the project and by providing financial support.
- The projects supported by us strengthen the brand of SEB and conform to our ethical and corporate values, as well as the interests of our customers. They are targeted at the following areas that are significant to society:
- Sustainable influence on the development of children and youths;
- Entrepreneurship and innovation;
- Education and knowledge.
- We do not support natural persons, projects that facilitate social isolation and discrimination, projects that include risk elements, as well as events of a political and religious character.
- For several years we strictly observe a no gifts policy — we do not provide gifts to our customers and partners. But, by supporting youth and social organisations, we provide our customers with welfare gifts as gratitude for the contribution of a customer, donating behalf of our clients.
We invite to submit applications for sponsorship projects in writing by sending a description of the project in electronic form or by mail to the Marketing Department of SEB banka. We evaluate all received projects based on their conformity with the established criteria, as well as in the context of the existing projects and depending on the available resources. We send a written reply to the submitter, to the e-mail address indicated by them, within two weeks.
Entrepreneurship and innovation
We wish our customers to be successful in the future as well, but our involvement in the facilitation of business activity has much deeper objectives. By supporting various programmes and projects we help businesses to not only receive the funding, but also – which is even more significant – to acquire the knowledge that might help our customers to develop a growing and thriving society in the future.
Some of the projects that we are already actively offering to new and existing entrepreneurs are the Growth program, eAcademy, Grants program (ie)dvesma. In addition, anyone can take part in events organised by the SEB Innovation centre.
Children and youth
Children are our future. Therefore it is significant for us to provide them with the conditions required for the successful commencement of their independent lives. SEB banka, as a socially responsible bank, constantly supports various social organizations that are involved in solving socially significant problems.
SEB supports equal opportunities and contributes to the social integration of children and young people in cooperation with the Latvian Association of SOS Children's Villages and the Plecs movement, which ensures that children grow up in families. In cooperation with the Vitols Foundation, we are also engaged in the education and professional development of young talents, providing them scholarships.
We actively share our knowledge by providing it, for instance, to youths in the area of financial competence, as well as to our customers — companies and natural persons.
By involving bank employees of all levels we every year participate in many educational events – Job Shadow Day Day, ZZ Championship and Financial Competence Week. All year long experts of the bank conduct lectures and seminars by educating the youths.
We cooperate with Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, Vītolu fonds (Vītols Foundation) and Art Academy of Latvia in the area of support to sustainable education by providing 50 grants for talented youths every year.
A strong and developed culture is the base of a sustainable society. Already since 2007, we are the biggest Cēsis Art Festival supporter.
We also provide a number of scholarships to Art Academy of Latvia students, helping them develop and improve their professional skills.