Advantages for youth
- Convenient contactless payments for purchases in Latvia, abroad and online
- The available money may be viewed conveniently using the app
- Opportunity to ask parents for additional funds by using the money request functionality in the app
- Possibility to withdraw cash from ATMs
Advantages for parents
- Possibility to set the daily and monthly spending limits
- Set up standing order in the internet bank to automatically transfer pocket money
- If necessary, extra money can be transferred in the mobile app or the internet bank in just a few seconds
- Conveniently overview your child’s spending in the internet bank
How to apply for the card?
- If the child is a SEB customer and is 7 – 15 years old, child’s parent or other representative needs to write a free form application in the internet bank, mentioning the wish to make a new bank card for the child. The name and surname of the child must also be indicated in the application. However, 16 and 17 year old teenagers can apply for the card themselves in the internet bank.
- If the child is not yet a SEB customer and is 7 – 15 years old, child’s parent or other representative needs to go to a branch, bringing their own and the child’s passport or eID card to the branch. The child’s birth certificate or other document which proves representation is required if the parent or other representative didn’t bring the passport or it has no entry about the child. However, 16 to 17 year old teenagers can represent themselves – by bringing their passport or eID card, the teenager can visit the branch alone.
Other debit cards
Mastercard Debit payment card
- Free of charge when using any Customer plan, otherwise – 1.40 euros a month
- Possibility to freely manage your finances – contactless payments, ATMs, transactions in Latvia, abroad and online
- Available from the age of 7
What to do if your payment card is lost or stolen?
- Block your card immediately in the internet bank, mobile app or by calling us at +371 26668777
- Order a new card in the internet bank and receive it by post
- If you need a card immediately, consider applying for a temporary card
Frequently asked questions
In case your card is lost or stolen, we suggest blocking it immediately. You can block the card:
- in the mobile app (“Cards” → “Card” → “Blocking”)
- in the internet bank (“Account/Cards” → “My cards” → “Block card”)
- by calling SEB at +371 26668777 (24/7)
Yes. From the age of 16 it is possible to order a new card in the internet bank section "Accounts/Cards" → "New card". Debit cards are sent by post to your residential address, office address or anywhere else in Latvia or abroad, wherever you usually stay or prefer to receive the card at. The fee for sending card by mail in Latvia is 1 euro. The fee is not applied to customers under the age of 21, as well as to persons who have become a customer of SEB remotely (using a mobile app). The fee for sending the card abroad is 10 euros.
However, if the child is 7 to 15 years old, child’s parent or other representative needs to write a free form application in the internet bank, mentioning the wish to make a new bank card for the child. The name and surname of the child must also be indicated in the application.
You can view your card’s PIN code in the internet bank section "Accounts/Cards" → "My cards" → "View PIN code".
Yes. You can change the PIN code by using an ATM of SEB.
If you enter a wrong PIN three times in a row when making a purchase, the card will be automatically blocked for security purposes.
In such case, please contact the bank by calling or write a letter in the internet bank to request the card to be unblocked. Afterwards you can unblock the card at an ATM of SEB by entering the correct PIN code.
Remember that you can view your card’s PIN code in the internet bank. If necessary, you can change the PIN code using an ATM of SEB.
First you need to activate the card in one of these ways:
- in the mobile app (“Cards” → “Activate your new card” → “Activate”)
- or in the internet bank (“Accounts/Cards” → “My cards” → “Activate card” and enter the last 5 digits of your new card’s number)
Renewed cards can also be activated by using ATMs of SEB – insert the card, enter the PIN code and select "Card activation".
The daily limit for cash withdrawals at an ATM with a Junior debit card is 70 euros. This limit can be changed:
- on a mobile app (under “Cards” → “Settings and limits”)
- on the Internet Bank (under “Accounts and cards” → “My cards” → “Change details”)
If none of these options are available to you, limits can also be changed by calling us at +371 26668777.
If the card is received by post, the child can activate the card in the internet bank.
If you plan to receive a 7 to 15 years old child’s card at a branch, a bank employee will activate the card and issue it to the child’s legal representative. From the age of 16 youngsters can visit the branch and collect the payment card themselves.
Please note that only customers with a prior booking are served at branches.
These limits and functionalities are automatically set for all child payment cards:
- 70 euro cash daily limit. This is the amount that can be withdrawn from an ATM with the child’s card in one day.
- 1000 euro purchase limit. This is the amount that cannot be exceeded during the day when paying with the child’s card.
- Enabled contactless payments. It means that the child will be able to make purchases by “beeping” the card in stores.
- Disabled transactions in internet. It means that the child’s card cannot be used for paying in online stores and mobile apps of third parties.
If it’s necessary to change the limits and/or any of the card’s functionalities, the legal representative of a 7 to 15 year old child needs to write a free-form message in the internet bank. Please specify what changes need to be made in this letter.
From the age of 16 youngsters can manage the payment card settings on their own in the internet bank.
Price list: Mastercard Junior debit card
Until the age of 18, code calculator issuance – free of charge (standard fee – 9 EUR).
|Fee for card preparing1||1.40 EUR|
|Fee for use of the card (per month)2||Free of charge|
|A monthly fee for the use of card after reaching the age of 18 years||1.40 EUR|
|Replacing a card||6.00 EUR|
|Commission for purchase||Free of charge|
|Cash withdrawal in another bank||2%, min 3.00 EUR|
|Cash withdrawal at ATMs of:|
||Free of charge|
||0,29% of transaction amount|
||2%, min 3.00 EUR|
|Cash withdrawal at business operators' outlets||Free of charge|
|Cash deposit at SEB bank’s ATM:|
||Free of charge|
||0,1% of transaction amount|
|Others charges and terms related to Mastercard Junior debit card|
|Reviewing a complaint3, 4||Free of charge|
|Change of PIN code in SEB bank’s ATMs||Free of charge|
|Fee for unblocking PIN code of a card in SEB bank’s ATMs, if the PIN has been entered incorrectly for 3 consecutive times while using POS terminal||Free of charge|
|Change of card transaction limit within SEB bank's standard limit (branch)5||5.00 EUR|
|Change of card transaction limit above the standard maximum limit set by SEB bank5||10.00 EUR|
|Checking the account balance through ATMs of:|
||Free of charge|
|Fee for urgent card issue6||30.00 EUR|
|Surcharge on currency exchange when the currency of the card’s main account is not that of the transaction currency7||3%|
The limit of cash withdrawal from ATMs within a period up to 24 hours for users of Mastercard Junior debit card is 70 EUR.
Total cash deposit limit in ATMs with all customer’s cards is 7,000 EUR per month.8
The limit of purchases within a period up to 24 hours for users of Mastercard Junior debit card is 1,000 EUR.
For other services (current account maintenance, transactions in the account, processing of the customer’s documents etc.) which SEB bank provides to the customer in relation to payment card servicing, the customer pays in accordance with SEB bank’s General Price list for individuals.
A maximum of 200 banknotes can be deposited in an ATM in a single deposit transaction.
1 Charged when the new or renewed card is activated.
2 Upon reaching the age of 18 years, a monthly fee for the use of Mastercard Junior is applied.
3 If processing of the complaint involves obtaining documentary proof of transactions, then a fee will be charged to the amount of the actual cost of the service.
4 Application shall be deemed received by us:
- on the current working day if the application is submitted and received before 16:00;
- on the next working day if the application is submitted after 16:00.
In case working day is shortened according to the law, the above deadline shall be one hour prior to end of the shortened working day.
5 Includes changes in POS, ATM and monthly spending limits.
6 If the card is ordered on business day by 12:00, it will be available at the Rīdzene branch on the same day after 16:00. If the card is ordered after 12:00, it can be received at Rīdzene branch on the next business day after 16:00.
7 Information about exchange rates is available on the home page of International card organizations
8 SEB bank has the right to unilaterally reduce or increase the cash deposit limit upon evaluation of the Customer's business and personal activities.
Want to make sure you find the most suitable solution?
- Our customer executives will help you find the best solution for you
- We have a dedicated team of professionals you can trust