How to receive a temporary card
- In case your card is lost or stolen, please block it immediately in the internet bank, mobile app or by calling us at + 371 26668777
- Book a meeting at the nearest SEB branch and request a temporary card, bringing your passport or eID card
- The temporary card will be ready in a few minutes. You will be able to use the card to withdraw money from the ATMs of SEB
After receiving the temporary card
- Apply for a new Mastercard Debit payment card during your branch visit or in the internet bank at any time
- With the temporary card you will only be able to withdraw the money from the ATMs of SEB. Unfortunately, you can’t pay with it in stores or online
- The temporary card will expire on the last day of the following calendar month
With the temporary card you can
- Withdraw or deposit cash within the limits of your previous card using the ATMs of SEB in Latvia
- Check your account balance at the ATMs of SEB
- Use the ATMs of SEB until the last day of the following month.
You cannot use the temporary card to:
- Pay for online purchases
- Pay at stores
- Use the ATMs of other banks
- Withdraw cash at places of trade
|Fee for preparing Temporary card||5.00 EUR|
|Cash withdrawal at SEB bank’s ATM of:|
|• up to 600 EUR within one calendar month for the customer's all accounts||Free of charge|
|• exceeding monthly expenses of 600 EUR within one calendar month for the customer's all accounts||0,29% of transaction amount|
|Cash deposit at SEB bank’s ATM:|
|• up to 6,000 EUR within one calendar month for all customer's accounts||Free of charge|
|• upon exceeding monthly credits of 6,000 EUR for all customer's accounts||0,1% of transaction amount|
Others charges and terms related to Temporary card
|Reviewing a complaint1, 2||Free of charge|
|Checking the account balance through ATMs of SEB bank||Free of charge|
The limit of cash withdrawal via ATMs within a period up to 24 hours for users of Temporary cards is 600 EUR.
Total cash deposit limit in ATMs with all customer’s cards is 7,000 EUR per month.3
For other services (current account maintenance, transactions in the account, processing of the customer’s documents etc.) which SEB bank provides to the customer in relation to payment card servicing, the customer pays in accordance with SEB bank’s General Price list for individuals.
A maximum of 200 banknotes can be deposited in an ATM in a single deposit transaction.
1 If processing of the complaint involves obtaining documentary proof of transactions, then a fee will be charged to the amount of the actual cost of the service.
2 Application shall be deemed received by us:
• on the current working day if the application is submitted and received before 16:00;
• on the next working day if the application is submitted after 16:00.
In case working day is shortened according to the law, the above deadline shall be one hour prior to end of the shortened working day.
3 SEB bank has the right to unilaterally reduce or increase the cash deposit limit upon evaluation of the Customer's business and personal activities.