With a Mastercard Debit payment card you can
- Use the contactless payment functionality to make purchases of up to 150 euros simply and quickly, without inserting the card in the POS terminal and entering the PIN
- Use the card’s digital version to set up payments with Android smartphone
- Purchase goods and services in Latvia, abroad and online without commission fees. Book plane tickets and hotel rooms
- Withdraw cash at various places of trade in Latvia at no extra cost
- Withdraw cash from ATMs and banks worldwide, as well as deposit cash at the ATMs of SEB
- View your account balance and transactions in the mobile app, internet bank or ATMs of SEB
- Link additional cards with custom limits to your current account, for example, for your family members.
Debit card for children and teenagers
Mastercard Junior payment card
- Free of charge
- Contactless payments
- Possibility to withdraw cash from ATMs
- Modern mobile app for card limit changes and money requests
What to do if your payment card is lost or stolen?
- Block your card immediately in the internet bank, mobile app or by calling us at +371 26668777
- Order a new card in the internet bank and receive it by post
- If you need a card immediately, consider applying for a temporary card
Frequently asked questions
In case your card is lost or stolen, we suggest blocking it immediately. You can block the card:
- in the mobile app (“Cards” → “Card” → “Blocking”)
- in the Internet Bank (“Accounts and cards” → “My cards” → “Block card”)
- by calling SEB Bank at +370 5 268 2800 (24/7) or on Skype
Yes. You can order a new card in the Internet Bank section "Accounts/cards" → "New card". We can send the card to your residential address, office address or anywhere else in Latvia or abroad, wherever you usually stay or prefer to receive the card at. The fee for sending card by mail in Latvia is 1 euro. The fee is not applied to customers under the age of 21, as well as to persons who have become a customer of SEB remotely (using a mobile app). The fee for sending the card abroad is 10 euros.
You can view your card’s PIN code in the internet bank section "Accounts/Cards" → "My cards" → "View PIN code".
Yes. You can change the PIN code by using an ATM of SEB.
First you need to activate the card. You can do it either in mobile app or the Internet Bank:
- in the mobile app (“Cards” → “Card”)
- in the Internet Bank (“Accounts and cards” → “My cards” → “Activate card”)
Renewed cards can also be activated by using ATMs of SEB – insert the card, enter the PIN code and select "Card activation".
The default daily limit for cash withdrawals at an ATM with a debit card is 1500 euros, but you can freely increase this limit up to 2200 euros:
- in the mobile app (“Cards” → “Settings and limits”)
- in the Internet Bank (“Accounts and cards” → “My cards” → “Change details”)
Please note that a commission fee is applied if you withdraw more than 600 euros during a month.
|Fee for preparing a card/additional card, if activated in a bank’s branch or by calling the customer’s centre||5.00 EUR|
|Fee for preparing a card/additional card, if activated in the internet bank, mobile app or ATM||1.40 EUR|
|Fee for use of the card/additional card (per month)1||1.40 EUR|
|Replacing a card/additional card||6.00 EUR|
|Commission for purchase||Free of charge|
|Cash withdrawal in another bank||2%, min 3.00 EUR|
|Cash withdrawal at ATMs of:|
||Free of charge|
||0,29% of transaction amount|
||2%, min 3.00 EUR|
|Cash withdrawal at business operators' outlets||Free of charge|
|Cash deposit at SEB bank’s ATM:|
||Free of charge|
||0,1% of transaction amount|
|Others charges and terms related to Mastercard contactless debit card|
|Fee for sending a card/additional card by mail in the territory of Latvia||1.00 EUR|
|Fee for sending a card/additional card to abroad||10.00 EUR|
|Reviewing a complaint2, 3||Free of charge|
|Change of PIN code in SEB bank’s ATMs||Free of charge|
|Fee for unblocking PIN code of a card in SEB bank’s ATMs, if the PIN has been entered incorrectly for 3 consecutive times while using POS terminal||Free of charge|
|Change of card transaction limit within SEB bank's standard limit (branch)4||5.00 EUR|
|Change of card transaction limit above the standard maximum limit set by SEB bank4||10.00 EUR|
|Checking the account balance through ATMs of:|
||Free of charge|
|Fee for urgent card issue5||30.00 EUR|
|Surcharge on currency exchange when the currency of the card’s main account is not that of the transaction currency6||3%|
The limit of cash withdrawal from ATMs within a period up to 24 hours for users of Mastercard contactless debit card is 1,500 EUR.
Total cash deposit limit in ATMs with all customer’s cards is 7,000 EUR per month.7
The limit of purchases within a period up to 24 hours for users of Mastercard contactless debit card is 4,000 EUR.
Customers until 18 years of age get the same price and limits as applied for Mastercard Junior debit card.
For other services (current account maintenance, transactions in the account, processing of the customer’s documents etc.) which SEB bank provides to the customer in relation to payment card servicing, the customer pays in accordance with SEB bank’s General Price list for individuals.
A maximum of 200 banknotes can be deposited in an ATM in a single deposit transaction.
1 Charged starting from the second month of using the card/additional card.
2 If processing of the complaint involves obtaining documentary proof of transactions, then a fee will be charged to the amount of the actual cost of the service.
3 Application shall be deemed received by us:
- on the current working day if the application is submitted and received before 16:00;
- on the next working day if the application is submitted after 16:00.
In case working day is shortened according to the law, the above deadline shall be one hour prior to end of the shortened working day.
4 Includes changes in POS, ATM and monthly spending limits.
5 If the card is ordered on business day by 12:00, it will be available at the Rīdzene branch on the same day after 16:00. If the card is ordered after 12:00, it can be received at Rīdzene branch on the next business day after 16:00.
6 Information about exchange rates is available on the home page of International card organizations
7 SEB bank has the right to unilaterally reduce or increase the cash deposit limit upon evaluation of the Customer's business and personal activities.
Want to make sure you find the most suitable solution?
- Our customer executives will help you find the best solution for you
- We have a dedicated team of professionals you can trust