Free credit card purchase insurance
Purchases made with SEB credit card (for example, furniture, clothing, footwear, musical instruments, sports and leisure items, toys, household appliances, computer and other goods intended for long-term use) are insured.
Covers whole world
180 days from the date of purchase
Applies to online purchases.
Insurance coverage start and expiration
Purchase insurance automatically takes effect as soon as the purchased product is handed over to you. Insurance lasts for 180 days from the date of purchase with your credit card.
Insurance cover ends before the term if within these 180 days your credit card expires and isn’t renewed or replaced.
Insurance coverage territory
The insurance is valid worldwide. It means that purchases made with a credit card in both Latvian and foreign online stores and places of trade will be insured.
Payout of the insurance indemnity
After receiving all the necessary documents, a specialist of If P&C Insurance AS Latvijas filiāle will make a decision on the indemnity within 10 working days. You will be notified in writing about the decision.
The insurance indemnity will be transferred to your SEB current account by If P&C Insurance AS Latvijas filiāle. A deductible of 30 euros will be deducted from the insurance indemnity. The amount of indemnity depends on the condition of the item:
- if it’s reasonable and economically viable to repair the item, the compensation is based on the repair costs, including the necessary and reasonable transportation costs;
- if the item cannot be repaired or it’s not economically viable, or the item is stolen, the compensation is based on the purchase price of the item.
Insurance indemnity limit
- Annually – 4000 euros
- Per insurance object – 1000 euros
- Per insurance event – 2000 euros
- Per single insurance event for special objects – 400 euros
The exact list is available in the Clause 32 of the Insurance terms and conditions (PDF)
A deductible of 30 euros is applied per each insurance indemnity.
What to do if an insurance event occurs?
Please inform the insurance provider If P&C Insurance AS Latvijas filiāle as soon as possible about an insurance event. You can submit an application by calling at +371 67338333, in writing on the insurer’s website Application for purchase insurance indemnity (LAT) or by e-mail email@example.com, including:
- purchase receipt, as well as a receipt or internet bank statement that confirms that you made the purchase with a credit card;
- an estimate of the repair costs, including transportation costs, made by an authorised repairer;
- police report, if theft, burglary or robbery has occurred.
If P&C Insurance AS Latvijas filiāle will contact you if it will be necessary to ask for additional documents and evidence, clarify information about the circumstances of the insurance event, the amount of losses and possible liable persons, or agree on the possibility to inspect the scene or damaged property.