European stocks have regained the loss since Russia invaded Ukraine last month, prompting Goldman Sachs to believe that the stock market has slackened by the global consequences of the war. At the same time, new estimates are emerging about the effects of the war: 40 million people could live in extreme poverty due to rising energy and food prices, and global economic losses could reach 1 trillion USD. SEB economist Dainis Gašpuitis highlights last week's TOP 5 events and facts in the economy in the program “Mediāna” ("Median").
TOP5 of economic events from the program "Median" on March 24:
- Goldman Sachs points to a slump in the stock market
- The risk of global poverty is rising
- Countermeasures will affect the economy in the short and long term
- The US economy is strong and will face challenges
- Looking for energy saving solutions
Full recording of "Median" on March 24: