15 000 EUR
+ 6 month EURIBOR rate
only in the year
after the end of studies
Borrow deliberately, assessing your capacity to repay the loan.
Steps for the Receipt of SEB Study Loan
- Come to any branch of SEB bank with your passport and an agreement concluded with an educational establishment.
- If you work, take a document confirming your income with you – the bank account statement for the last 6 months, which confirms the amount and regularity of your income. If your salary is transferred to an account held with SEB bank, the document confirming your income is not required.
- In order to verify that you can afford the maximum sum of the loan, come to the bank with your guarantor and make sure that they have their passport and documents confirming their income with them.
|Amount of Funding||From 2 000 EUR up to 15 000 EUR
The sum of the loan depends on your income and your guarantor's income.
|Collateral on the Loan||
Your monthly income and the monthly income of your guarantor serve as the collateral for the loan.
The guarantor is not required if your regular income exceeds 300 EUR per month (after tax).
|Conditions||You will receive a study loan if you are a student at any of the accredited and/or licensed higher educational establishments or colleges in Latvia.|
|Loan Payments||The sum of the loan is transferred to the account of your educational establishment.|
|Loan Repayment||Loan repayment period is up to 10 years. The repayment of the principal sum of the loan must start 12 months after graduation.|
|Bank support during repayment of the loan||
You can suspend the repayment period of the loan, if:
|Interest rate of the loan||4 % per year + 6 month EURIBOR rate*|
|Repayment of the loan during studies||
During studies the borrower only repays interest on the loan
|Repayment of the principal sum after studies||
The student shall commence the repayment of the principal sum starting from the 12th month after graduation. The loan repayment period is 10 years.
If the student terminates their studies before graduation, the repayment of the principal sum must start from the 4th month after such termination. The loan repayment period is 5 years.
* 6M EURIBOR – the EURIBOR index determined by the European Banking Federation is the rate at which banks borrow funds on the interbank market of the European Union.
SEB banka offers a free of charge consultation on Study Loan for all students.
In order to develop your loan repayment schedule use Study Loan Calculator.
|Reviewing and evaluation of application||Free of charge|
|Processing of the loan1||8.00 EUR|
|Repayment of the loan before maturity||Free of charge|
|Changes to the loan agreement on the customer's initiative1||15.00 EUR|
|Receipt of a repayment schedule for the loan principal||8.00 EUR|
1 The commission fee must be paid on the day the agreement or amendments are signed.
Study Loan can be processed at any branch of SEB bank throughout Latvia.
- The borrower must submit a passport or an ID card to the bank
- If your salary is not transferred to an account with SEB bank – a document supporting your income (an account statement for the last six months)
- An agreement with the higher educational establishment
If a guarantor is attracted for the loan, the guarantor must submit to the bank a passport or an ID card and a document supporting your income (an account statement for the last six months), if his salary is not transferred to an account with SEB banka –
In order to speed up the processing of a loan, please come to a branch of the bank with an application, that has already been filled out. If you have additional questions, please call us at +371 26668777, write a letter via the internet bank or use chat on our webpage.
It must be remembered that the review of an application for a loan may last for 3 business days after document submission.