Training for ambitious Latvian small and medium-sized enterprises for confidence in the growth of your company.
Under the guidance of international and local business experts, the programme participants:
- Will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the current topics of business growth
- Will use such business development and iteration methods to test the viability of solution and the market's response to it as quickly as possible
- Will work on his/her own challenges, while receiving support and individual mentoring
- Will be able to implement innovative solutions in the daily life of their company and promote change in the future
Successful long-term growth is only possible if sustainability is seen as crucial. The growth programme will focus in depth on business sustainability factors.
Description of the program (PDF, LAT)
Whom are we looking for to participate?
Small and medium enterprises registered in Latvia that want to be innovative and grow
Companies operating on the market for more than 2 years
Companies with an annual turnover of at least 200,000 euros
Participants with English language skills
Themes of the 2023 programme
Product market fit
- Determining the "why" and "how" of your business
- How to make sure that the business plan meets the needs of the market
- How to identify and create your loyal circle of customers
Discovering customers and market
- Methods for finding out the real needs of customers
- How to improve your solutions according to customer needs
- Creating a clear product development and implementation plan
- Methods and tools for successful product management
- How to set measurable product performance indicators
Sustainability as a strategy
- What are current trends, challenges, and regulation
- What are the business benefits of sustainability practices
Sales and Partnership
- How to optimize your business processes through partnership
- Current marketing trends and channels
- How to determine the best-selling method for your solution and audience
- Current economic trends
- How to ensure the financial sustainability of the company
- What will be the changes in business financing
Opportunities provided by the programme
Knowledge and practice
Lectures, seminars and practical understanding
- Opportunity to hear and learn from both Baltic and international lecturers. The lecturers will include experts with experience in fast-growing companies, as well as mentoring
- Balancing theory with case studies from start-ups and successful high-growth companies
- Opportunity to learn from the technology industry, as well as to consider the introduction of new solutions, approaches and technologies
Individual mentoring and support of experienced experts
- The programme's lead mentor will help participants succeed and grow by following progress and adapting an individual approach
- Participants have access to individually selected mentors based on needs and business specifics
- Training sessions with all participants of the programme, which will promote the exchange of practical experience of companies and the opportunity to learn from like-minded people
- Digital community platform for like-minded people to share news, seek advice, communicate and discuss news
- 2-week introduction module: setting program goals
- 12-week knowledge module: training sessions
- 12-week growth module: individual approach
- Learning process with similar companies
The main mentor of the programme
Co-founder of TechHub Riga and mentor of accelerator programmes in the Baltic states, Finland and Denmark. Will collaborate with programme participants throughout the programme, tracking progress and tailoring an individual approach to each participant during individual sessions.
In collaboration with
The content of the Growth programme, mentors and other competencies are provided by our partner Helve, which is one of the leading expert companies in the Baltics in open innovation processes. The Helve team manages acceleration programmes, internal innovation incubators, local and international hackathons, and other open innovation projects. The Helve team works to realise the potential of innovation, technology and change at both the company and national level. Helve's customers are leading national and Baltic market companies and public authorities.
We bring companies, students and science together
Students of the University of Latvia, interested in business innovation, also participate in the Growth Program. In order to develop innovative ideas, the program also provides an opportunity to involve researchers.
Why should students be involved?
- Students contribute with their own inputs
- Students help solve time-critical tasks
- The company has the opportunity to contribute to the development of young people with practical experience
During candidate's selection to participate in the program, SEB keeps the right to give first-hand to own customers, however, it is not mandatory to be a SEB client to be invited to participate in the program.
The company's participation cost in the Growth Program is covered by SEB.
The Growth Program for companies consists of two parts. Every other week there will be a 6-8 hour long online seminars, as well as work groups led by mentors and industry professionals. During the weeks between online seminars, Growth Program participants will complete tasks that can take up to 8 hours and sign up for individual mentoring sessions with the respective expert/mentor. Participants will be provided with all the necessary materials and information, as well as access to the online tools that will be used to support the program. Throughout the program participants will receive hands-on support from the program’s team.
When participating in the Growth Program, keep in mind that each team member representing the business will need to devote approximately 8 hours per week to it.
In order to achieve the maximum effect of the program, it is desirable that the company is represented in the Growth Program by a management team or a group of people (consisting of two to five representatives) who are able to innovate and make significant changes in the company.
As part of the program, you will gain knowledge and practical experience on how to develop a successful, customer-friendly product that is easy to scale in the global market. At the end of the program, under the guidance of mentors and experts, you will develop a 100-day development plan that will become the basis for achieving your goals.